March 16, 2008

Love

Gravity drags force into your hands
The envelope is pushed off the chair
They reject your work after many busy nights
They crush your lonely selfish heart
News arrive quickly to your ears
You ignore words that are not about you
By the lake late hours of sunset
A crying ocean like a crying child of life
And no matter if the lights are on or off
Secrets are being told to total strangers
You still keep feeling sorry for yourself
Although you have everything you need
You have everything you want
Except for one thing;
The love of your life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Karma said...

As I have said before on your blog, love is the closest thing to magic. True Magic. I am actually reading a young adult book called, "Stay With Me", that has an introduction saying that the book is about how important and impossible love it. I thought of that book when I read this poem.